Monday, January 25, 2010

The Stingray Block's Stingray

I did this at the school Mum is teaching at about a year ago. The year 4-7 block was called the stingrays, hence the animal I made. We had some fun trying to attatch this to the roof of the middle area... as you might tell...


It was alot of drawing and cutting and painting and sewing... but it was also alot of fun. I made a mini stingray too, but he's still at school and I haven't taken a photo of him yet. This one is about 2m wide and 2.5m-3m long with his tail. He has bulging eyes and indents above his eyes. He has a painted mouth and gills?... I think they're gills... on his under side and lots of those white spots on the top. I added glitter on the spots and the black lines underneath to add a little magic to him for the kids. I can't put photos ofthe kids up here, not even the ones that helped put it up... but there is a photo of the stingray and myself to show you how big he is... and because I was proud of him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment